Looking for easy lunch or a quick dinner recipe that's easy, quick, and nutritious? This 5-Minute, 5-Ingredient Easy Tuna Salad is your new, healthy go-to!
Fresh and light, this recipe uses skipjack tuna, which is packed with protein and delivers helpful omega-3 fatty acids - to not only help you feel fuller, longer, but to also provide nutrients that are helpful for your heart, brain, and eyes. Combined with everyday kitchen staples like hummus, mustard, lemon juice, and fresh black pepper, this recipe proves to be easy, time-saving, and flavorful, too.
When it comes to tuna, I prefer and recommend skipjack tuna as opposed to albacore, since skipjack tends to be lower in mercury content and safer to consume more regularly (1-2 times per week) (Source). I also prefer purchasing tuna - and all seafood - that's been MSC certified. This means that the fish come from fisheries that meet certain sustainability criteria...important as we consider the long-term health of our oceans.
5-Minute, 5-Ingredient Easy Tuna Salad
- 1 5-ounce can skipjack tuna, drained (like this*)
- 1 2-ounce single-serve pack of hummus (about 4 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon of mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 lemon (optional)
- 1 serving (8-12) crackers of choice (like these* or these*) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with 1/4 lemon (squeeze overtop for extra flavor!) and your favorite whole grain or gluten-free crackers.
Give this healthy, quick recipe a try - and let me know what you think of it in the comments below!
* YES! Nutrition LLC is an Amazon Affiliate Associate.