Move over, boring salads! There's a new favorite in town: the Blackberry Chickpea Salad.
This healthy Blackberry Chickpea Salad boasts nearly 20 grams of plant-based protein, 13 grams of fiber, and total taste bud satisfaction.
I especially love that this salad features blackberries -- a fruit that offers a very high level of antioxidants. In fact, a 2006 article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition ranked blackberries as the food highest in antioxidants per serving size when ranked among 50 other foods. (Source) Just another reason to eat up those blackberries, folks!
What's really awesome is that this salad goes from fridge to fork in under 5 minutes -- so for those busy lunches at home or evenings where there's no time to prep dinner, this salad saves the day.
While this recipe serves one, you could easily multiply the salad for more. Enjoy!
Blackberry Chickpea Salad
- 2-3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 3 Tablespoons hemp seeds (like these)*
- 2 Tablespoons Tessemae's Green Goddess Dressing (available here)*
- Over a bed of mixed greens, add chickpeas, blackberries, cauliflower florets and hemp seeds.
- Drizzle over salad dressing.
Will you try out this Blackberry Chickpea Salad? If so, let me know when you do! Share your review with me in the comments below or over on Facebook @YESNutritionLLC.
* YES! Nutrition LLC is an Amazon Affiliate Associate.