Warmer weather means cooler meals -- like this Blueberry Cream Smoothie!
You guys, this Blueberry Cream Smoothie tastes like blue raspberry ice cream...it's so good!!
Where this smoothie really stands out though, is that its insanely delicious flavor is sourced from plant-based ingredients...like dates and berries which offer whole food sweetness. Plus, these ingredients just so happen to deliver nutrients your body needs, like protein, vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
I also have a dietitian confession to make. I like kale, but I don't love it, so I don't keep it in the house often. The Organic Kale Powder in this smoothie (sent to me from The Synergy Company - thanks, guys!) is my perfect solution to help me get important nutrients from kale, without the stress of having kale "go bad" in my fridge. It's all about finding what works well for you...am I right?
Whether you follow a vegan, dairy-free, or gluten-free diet -- or simply just want to enjoy a sippable lunch or post-workout smoothie -- this blend is a super tasty fit.
This blend is made with just 6 simple ingredients, no added sugar, and no icky artificial ingredients. Give it a shot -- you'll be glad you did!
Blueberry Cream Smoothie: Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, High-Protein
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop of Vega Protein & Greens - Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Kale Powder (or use 1 handful fresh kale)
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries & strawberries
- 1 pitted date
- 3 cauliflower florets (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- In a high-speed blender, add almond milk, protein powder, kale powder, date, and frozen mixed berries. Add in some cauliflower for a little extra nutritional boost!
- Blend for 2-4 minutes, or until thoroughly mixed.
- Add ice to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and top with chia seeds. Enjoy!
Try it! Share it! Then let me know what you think in the comments below.