When I first told my mom last fall "you have to try this soup - I made it with broccoli and Greek yogurt" she looked at me like I was crazy! But, here it stands one year later as one of our favorite "healthier" soups to make - in under 10 minutes! Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.
- 16 oz. frozen broccoli, cooked (for a thicker soup, use more broccoli!)
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups low sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- salt+pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix and blend until steam escapes the lid.
- If you’re using a high-speed blender that doesn’t heat the food, blend then heat the pureed mixture in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
- Serve plain or with crushed whole grain crackers or bean chips on top.
Makes 4 servings. Per Serving: Calories: 155, Total Fat: 7g, Total Carb: 10g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 12g.