YES! Nutrition offers exclusive coaching services for employers so that employees can become healthier and happier – all while saving your organization money. Employment-based wellness programs focusing on health promotion and disease prevention can reduce the burden of chronic disease, improve health, and limit the growth of healthcare costs.
Did you know?
- For every $1 spent when employees engage in worksite wellness programs, companies report savings of $3.50.
- An organization saves approximately $350 per person year by keeping healthy employees at low risk. Without preventative programs, 2 to 4% of an employee population is likely to migrate from low-risk status to higher risk status within one year.
- An estimated two-thirds of American adults are overweight or obese. An employee who is overweight costs their employer an additional $450 to $2500 in medical expenses and absences.
- In the US, preventable illnesses make up approximately 70% of the burden of illnesses and associated costs. Factors that contribute to these illness such as poor nutritional habits, sedentary lifestyles, high-risk alcohol consumption, etc. can be addressed with nutrition coaching.
- Aldana SG. Financial impact of health promotion programs: a comprehensive review of the literature. Am J Health Promotion. 2001; 15(5):296-320.
- "Leading By Example: Improving the Bottom Line through a High Performance, Less Costly Workforce." Partnership For Prevention. 2005. http://www.prevent.org/Initiatives/Leading-by-Example.aspx.
- "Obese Workers a Heavy Burden on Company Expenses." (Review of research by RTI International and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) The News and Observer, September 21, 2005.
- "Six Reasons for Worksite Wellness." http://www.welcoa.org/6_reasons.html.
Say "YES!" to Corporate Coaching
YES! Nutrition is happy to customize a nutrition program to accommodate the needs of your employees by offering nutrition coaching programs, educational sessions and workshops, and food makeovers for your breakroom. We will work together to design a program that best meets the needs of your staff. Contact Tori at YES! Nutrition to learn more!