Warmer weather means cooler meals -- like this Blueberry Cream Smoothie!
You guys, this Blueberry Cream Smoothie tastes like blue raspberry ice cream...it's so good!!
Where this smoothie really stands out though, is that its insanely delicious flavor is sourced from plant-based ingredients...like dates and berries which offer whole food sweetness. Plus, these ingredients just so happen to deliver nutrients your body needs -- like protein, vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
Surprisingly, this blend includes not ONE but TWO vegetables! Health yeah! I used some organic kale powder sent complimentary to me from The Synergy Company, but you could use a handful of fresh kale instead, if you'd like. I also added a small handful of cauliflower florets. They don't make a noticeable difference in the blend's taste, but do contribute added nutrition. Win!
Whether you follow a vegan, dairy-free, or gluten-free eating pattern -- or simply just want to enjoy a sippable lunch or post-workout smoothie -- this blend is a super tasty fit.
This Blueberry Cream Smoothie is made with just 6 simple ingredients, no added sugar, and no artificial ingredients. Give it a try -- you'll be glad you did!
Blueberry Cream Smoothie: Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, High-Protein
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used this one*)
- 1 handful of fresh kale OR 1 teaspoon of organic kale powder (I used this*)
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 pitted date (optional)
- 3 cauliflower florets (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- In a high-speed blender (I used my Vitamix*), add almond milk, protein powder, kale powder, one pitted date, and frozen blueberries. Blend in cauliflower florets for a little extra nutritional boost!
- Blend for 2-4 minutes, or until thoroughly blended.
- Add ice to the blender and blend again until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and top with one teaspoon of chia seeds. Gently blend the chia seeds in with your straw or a spoon.
Try it! Share it! Then let me know what you think in the comments below.
Original recipe and blog edited 3/27/18.
*This post includes Amazon Affiliate links.